It may come as a surprise to you, but WhatsApp has recently introduced a new feature that you may not have noticed yet. And guess what? It’s all about the audios!
Despite being known for its regular updates, WhatsApp often adds new features that go unnoticed by its users. This time, they have introduced a unique feature within the audios, inspired by the single view function that debuted in 2021 for photos and videos.
This new feature allows users to listen to audio messages individually, giving them more control over their privacy. Now, users have the option to make their audio messages disappear from the recipient’s device after being played just once.
To make use of this new audio function on WhatsApp, all you need to do is follow a few simple steps. First, open WhatsApp on your Android or iOS (iPhone) device. Then, find the conversation where you want to send an audio message. Swipe up to unlock the screen and click the microphone button to start recording your voice message. If you want to enable single view, click the “1” button. When you are ready to send the recording, click the arrow. That’s it! By following these steps, you will be using the single view function when sending audio messages.
This new feature not only allows users to protect their private audio messages but also prevents them from being saved or shared without permission. It provides an extra layer of protection for those who want their communication to be transient.
WhatsApp continuously updates its app to improve security and customization for its users. The platform’s dedication to making innovations available to all users is evident in the simplicity of its features.
By incorporating this new feature, WhatsApp demonstrates its ability to adapt to the changing demands and expectations of its vast user base. As one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, it takes another step towards providing more control and privacy by introducing single audio playback.
Looking ahead to 2024, WhatsApp has been testing several features in its beta version that may be released in the upcoming year. This testing phase allows the company to assess the acceptance and functionality of these features before making them available to the public. Some of the features being evaluated include audio transcription, AI-powered sticker creation, and filters to distinguish between personal and business conversations.
While it’s uncertain what WhatsApp’s exact plans for 2024 are, these tested features are a step closer to being launched.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the recently tested features that may soon be available on WhatsApp:
1. Support for third-party messaging apps: This feature is expected to be implemented in March 2024, but it remains unclear if it will be available to all users or only to those in Europe.
2. Audio file translation on WhatsApp: Although testing was conducted in Portuguese, there is no confirmed release date for this feature. It is important to keep your app updated to stay informed about the latest features.
3. AI-generated sticker designs: Users can flag inappropriate images, and the AI technology developed by Meta will help create sticker designs.
4. Revamped status for text posts: This feature allows users to continuously change the state of the text in their status.
5. Viewing outdated messages for new members: It is uncertain if this feature will be included in the version available to all users.
6. Using filters to separate personal and work interactions: This feature is especially useful for those who use WhatsApp for work-related communications and want to keep work messages separate from personal ones.
7. Adding music to video calls: There is no specific release date for this feature yet, but it will allow users to share audio and video content during video chats.
To stay updated with all the news and features in 2024, make sure to keep your WhatsApp app regularly updated.